Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A dispute in court in which the application of the law is contested.
- ‘And what is the issue of law on which you would wish to found that application?’
- ‘Counsel for the respondent plaintiff raises an issue of law as to the pleading of the counterclaim.’
- ‘This good faith application by the prosecution raised a genuine issue of law on a point of general public importance.’
- ‘The Tribunal had jurisdiction to decide the issue of law of whether the classification was correct.’
- ‘This is an important issue of law which has not been considered in any reported decision of this Court.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.