One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A dispute in court in which the application of the law is contested.
- ‘And what is the issue of law on which you would wish to found that application?’
- ‘This good faith application by the prosecution raised a genuine issue of law on a point of general public importance.’
- ‘The Tribunal had jurisdiction to decide the issue of law of whether the classification was correct.’
- ‘This is an important issue of law which has not been considered in any reported decision of this Court.’
- ‘Counsel for the respondent plaintiff raises an issue of law as to the pleading of the counterclaim.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.