One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A dispute in court in which the application of the law is contested.
- ‘This is an important issue of law which has not been considered in any reported decision of this Court.’
- ‘Counsel for the respondent plaintiff raises an issue of law as to the pleading of the counterclaim.’
- ‘The Tribunal had jurisdiction to decide the issue of law of whether the classification was correct.’
- ‘And what is the issue of law on which you would wish to found that application?’
- ‘This good faith application by the prosecution raised a genuine issue of law on a point of general public importance.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.