Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for isoenzyme
- ‘The best studied set of isozymes is the lactate dehydrogenase system.’
- ‘In fact there are 3 isozymes of NOS in mammalian cells.’
- ‘Two or three genes encode sucrose synthase isozymes in monocot species such as maize, barley, wheat, and rice.’
- ‘In natural populations of Drosophila melanogaster, an amylase isozyme with the lowest amylase activity is predominant.’
- ‘Our results suggest that temperature has a crucial effect on the occurrence of the heteromeric isozymes of this enzyme.’
- ‘The isozymes of each given enzyme were also numbered sequentially following a similar methodology.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.