Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for isopropanol
- ‘The usual recommendation is to use isopropyl alcohol [common rubbing alcohol] on cotton swabs.’
- ‘There are clear hints that it may be useful to combine the phenidone with methyl, ethyl, propyl, or isopropyl alcohol.’
- ‘Extruded ink is deposited into a reservoir of deionized water and isopropyl alcohol.’
- ‘The use of 70% isopropyl alcohol significantly decreases bacterial load and pathogenic bacteria.’
- ‘The test is conducted with water, isopropyl alcohol, and methylated spirits.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.