One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A liquid alcohol, used as a solvent and in the industrial production of acetone.
Chemical formula: CH₃CHOHCH₃
- ‘Historically, the first petrochemical was isopropanol, produced in bulk by Standard Oil of New Jersey in 1920.’
- ‘The supernatant was precipitated by isopropanol.’
- ‘DNA was precipitated from the supernatant using isopropanol and exposed to two 70% ethanol washes.’
- ‘For example, each molecule of isopropanol (rubbing alcohol) has eight hydrogen atoms in one of three environments.’
- ‘We have also made measurements in aqueous mixtures with four other alcohols: methanol, n-propanol, isopropanol, and isobutanol.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.