One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A liquid alcohol, used as a solvent and in the industrial production of acetone.
Chemical formula: CH₃CHOHCH₃
- ‘We have also made measurements in aqueous mixtures with four other alcohols: methanol, n-propanol, isopropanol, and isobutanol.’
- ‘The supernatant was precipitated by isopropanol.’
- ‘For example, each molecule of isopropanol (rubbing alcohol) has eight hydrogen atoms in one of three environments.’
- ‘DNA was precipitated from the supernatant using isopropanol and exposed to two 70% ethanol washes.’
- ‘Historically, the first petrochemical was isopropanol, produced in bulk by Standard Oil of New Jersey in 1920.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.