One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A synthetic derivative of adrenaline, used for the relief of bronchial asthma and pulmonary emphysema.
- ‘Transferring patients to a specialist centre with recurrent syncope or significant hypotension, regardless of the use of isoprenaline infusions and external pacing is not acceptable.’
- ‘Difficulty in obtaining the raw material for isoprenaline has driven the recommendation of low dose epinephrine as an alternative treatment.’
- ‘Measurements were not subjected to analysis if the patient was receiving any inotropic support other than isoprenaline.’
- ‘With few exceptions, the order of potency on adrenoceptors is noradrenaline, adrenaline, isoprenaline, while on the adrenoceptor, the order is reversed.’
- ‘A quick puff of isoprenaline and asthma sufferers experiencing an attack or shortage of breath were breathing evenly again just 30s after inhaling the drug.’
1950s: from elements of the systematic name N-isopropylnoradrenaline.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.