One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A crustacean of the order Isopoda, such as a woodlouse.
- ‘The molting style of isopods provides the final problem for the interpretation of fossil isopods.’
- ‘Studies of fouled arthropods include horseshoe crabs, isopods, stomatopods, lobsters, and true crabs.’
- ‘The precopulatory mate guarding of amphipods and isopods is another example of mating effort by males.’
- ‘As we watched, cockroaches, earwigs, isopods, and other small arthropods ran to escape the advancing waves of ants.’
- ‘The water in the center of the atoll is undrinkable and holds only pond weed and biting isopods (a type of small crustacean).’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.