One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Squeeze your contracted muscle isometrically as you complete each rep to intensify the effort and maximize the pump.’
- ‘The first simulations involved static rigid-beam models, assuming the mandible to be nonflexible and muscles to contract isometrically.’
- ‘Your abdominal and erector spinae muscles isometrically contract to stabilize your torso as you move.’
- ‘The authors solve this problem for isometrically coiled shells in a very elegant manner that takes advantage of the spiral curves' inherent geometry.’
- ‘Afterward, you should feel a greater pump in the isometrically contracted arm because you recruited many more muscle fibers.’
- ‘Muscle tension was recorded isometrically under a resting tension of 10 mN as reported previously.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.