An enzyme which catalyses the conversion of a specified compound to an isomer.‘a peptidyl-prolyl cis–trans isomerase’
- ‘In nature, the function is performed by the enzyme triose phosphate isomerase.’
- ‘The evolution of protein disulfide isomerases presents a difficult but important phylogenetic question.’
- ‘Ordinary corn syrup is treated with the enzyme glucose isomerase which converts glucose to fructose.’
- ‘Sucrose isomerase catalyses the reversible conversion of sucrose into palatinose, which is not further metabolizable by plant cells.’
- ‘Phosphoglucose isomerase is a protein with multiple functions.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.