One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Characterized by or producing a constant speed.
- ‘Has anyone here ever done any isokinetic testing?’
- ‘Results may be specific to the isokinetic dynamometer used, population of interest, testing position, and data processing.’
- ‘In isokinetic contractions, the speed of contraction remains constant.’
- ‘This result was consistent for both isokinetic and isometric measurements.’
- 1.1Physiology Relating to muscular action with a constant rate of movement.
- ‘Although our patients did not undergo isokinetic testing, no strength deficits by manual testing were noted.’
- ‘Alternatively, isokinetic concentric strength measurements may not provide a sensitive indication of preoperative quadriceps muscle function.’
- ‘It may be assumed that the postoperative isokinetic deficit is caused by neuromuscular dysfunction.’
- ‘However, concentric or eccentric isokinetic testing may have provided better measurements of quadriceps muscle strength.’
- ‘We confirmed the multifactorial origin of muscular injuries and showed a heterogeneous isokinetic profile.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.