One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A crystalline compound whose derivatives occur in many plants (especially pulses), often as glycosides.
A tricyclic ketone; chemical formula: C₁₅H₁₀O₂
- ‘Soya products and tofu are excellent sources of protein and isoflavones.’
- ‘This was shown by measuring urinary concentrations of isoflavones in both groups.’
- ‘Soy foods contain isoflavones (natural plant oestrogen) that have similar properties to human oestrogen, but are much weaker.’
- ‘Called isoflavones, these chemical compounds can positively affect body function.’
- ‘The important aspects of these isoflavones decrease the bad cholesterol and increase the good - especially in women.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.