One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A crystalline compound whose derivatives occur in many plants (especially pulses), often as glycosides.
A tricyclic ketone; chemical formula: C₁₅H₁₀O₂
- ‘Soya products and tofu are excellent sources of protein and isoflavones.’
- ‘Called isoflavones, these chemical compounds can positively affect body function.’
- ‘The important aspects of these isoflavones decrease the bad cholesterol and increase the good - especially in women.’
- ‘This was shown by measuring urinary concentrations of isoflavones in both groups.’
- ‘Soy foods contain isoflavones (natural plant oestrogen) that have similar properties to human oestrogen, but are much weaker.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.