Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Each of two or more enzymes with identical function but different structure.
- ‘Catalase isoenzymes responded differentially, the most acidic isoforms being the most sensitive to Cd treatment.’
- ‘Human alkaline phosphatase isoenzymes have attracted much interest because of their clinical implications.’
- ‘These new findings highlight the physiological importance of different GS1 isoenzymes in plant nitrogen metabolism.’
- ‘Adverse drug reactions are possible if the drug is an inhibitor of CYP isoenzymes and disrupts enzyme function.’
- ‘In pathogens, there are multiple and independently regulated pectate lyase isoenzymes which are encoded by different genes.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.