One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Having or involving no net electric charge or difference in electrical potential.
- ‘This is because separation according to the isoelectric point and the molecular weight are carried out through time-consuming gel electrophoresis analysis.’
- ‘The mature protein consists of 377 amino acids with an estimated isoelectric point of 5.9 and a calculated molecular mass of 42.4 kDa.’
- ‘This revealed the presence of three or four acidic proteins with slightly different isoelectric points.’
- ‘The use of polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis also can be used to determine the isoelectric charge of proteins (pI).’
- ‘For instance, whey protein is least soluble at its isoelectric point - 4.2 to 4.5 pH for lactalbumin, and 5.3 to 5.5 for lactoglobulin.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.