Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(of a cell, spore, etc.) roughly spherical or polyhedral.
- ‘Short isodiametric parenchyma cells could be distinguished amongst expanding longer cells.’
- ‘These species had roots with uniseriate epidermis and cortex with isodiametric cells.’
- ‘Search for the clusters of these small, more or less isodiametric cells.’
- ‘By continued cell divisions and enlargement of daughter cells, this tissue with its isodiametric cells rapidly expanded in both radial and tangential directions.’
- ‘Epidermal cells are isodiametric in the laminar portions of the leaf and distinctly elongate above the veins.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.