One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a cell, spore, etc.) roughly spherical or polyhedral.
- ‘By continued cell divisions and enlargement of daughter cells, this tissue with its isodiametric cells rapidly expanded in both radial and tangential directions.’
- ‘Epidermal cells are isodiametric in the laminar portions of the leaf and distinctly elongate above the veins.’
- ‘Short isodiametric parenchyma cells could be distinguished amongst expanding longer cells.’
- ‘Search for the clusters of these small, more or less isodiametric cells.’
- ‘These species had roots with uniseriate epidermis and cortex with isodiametric cells.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.