One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A salt or ester of isocyanic acid.
- ‘The researchers included an appended isocyanate group so that the precipiton would react with amines.’
- ‘What's more, these transparent materials, based on aliphatic isocyanates and polyesters, can be pigmented with any color.’
- ‘The paint is based on a toxic substance called isocyanates which gives off hazardous fumes.’
- ‘Paint hardeners, particularly isocyanates, have been associated with occupational asthma.’
- ‘The paint that is used contains isocyanates, in this instance mainly diphenyl methane diisocyanate.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.