One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A salt or ester of isocyanic acid.
- ‘The researchers included an appended isocyanate group so that the precipiton would react with amines.’
- ‘Paint hardeners, particularly isocyanates, have been associated with occupational asthma.’
- ‘The paint is based on a toxic substance called isocyanates which gives off hazardous fumes.’
- ‘The paint that is used contains isocyanates, in this instance mainly diphenyl methane diisocyanate.’
- ‘What's more, these transparent materials, based on aliphatic isocyanates and polyesters, can be pigmented with any color.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.