Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A salt or ester of isocyanic acid.
- ‘The researchers included an appended isocyanate group so that the precipiton would react with amines.’
- ‘The paint is based on a toxic substance called isocyanates which gives off hazardous fumes.’
- ‘The paint that is used contains isocyanates, in this instance mainly diphenyl methane diisocyanate.’
- ‘What's more, these transparent materials, based on aliphatic isocyanates and polyesters, can be pigmented with any color.’
- ‘Paint hardeners, particularly isocyanates, have been associated with occupational asthma.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.