Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A salt or ester of isocyanic acid.
- ‘The paint is based on a toxic substance called isocyanates which gives off hazardous fumes.’
- ‘Paint hardeners, particularly isocyanates, have been associated with occupational asthma.’
- ‘The paint that is used contains isocyanates, in this instance mainly diphenyl methane diisocyanate.’
- ‘The researchers included an appended isocyanate group so that the precipiton would react with amines.’
- ‘What's more, these transparent materials, based on aliphatic isocyanates and polyesters, can be pigmented with any color.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.