One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A gaseous hydrocarbon isomeric with butane.
- ‘The end result is the addition of isobutane to isobutylene to form isooctane, the molecule that is the basis of octane ratings seen at the gas pumps.’
- ‘And so, Kelley knew just what to do as 128.3 tons of vaporized poisons - including sulfur dioxide, hexane, carbon monoxide, isobutane - began sifting earthward.’
- ‘Residents are exposed to photochemical smog, airborne particles, and alkane hydrocarbons (e.g., propane, isobutane, n-butane).’
- ‘According to the company's information the fuel of choice is an 80/20 isobutane / propane mixture.’
- ‘The reformulated product contained isobutane [2.76], ethyl acetate [0.73], n-heptane [4.66], and fluoroaliphatics [0.75].’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.