One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(especially of fluid motion) not rotational; having no rotation.
- ‘In addition, the postulated role of vorticity production near the head is at variance with inviscid, irrotational models.’
- ‘She told him about an important difference between the irrotational wave he had just described and a rotational wave.’
- ‘In essence, 3D flows can be considered as complex combinations of irrotational and rotational strains that vary in space with time.’
- ‘The fluid is irrotational at all points, except next to a vortex street wake behind the fish.’
- ‘Didn't Rafe understand that an ideal fluid is incompressible and lacks viscosity, and its flow is steady and irrotational?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.