One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I think other fish-farmers regarded me with curiosity and some irritancy.’
- ‘There was also a consistent exposure-time interaction for all three symptoms, suggesting a diminution in the potency of formaldehyde's irritancy during the weeks of the semester.’
- ‘‘Good morning to you, too,’ Marshall's voice replied with a hint of irritancy.’
- ‘Safety tests include those for corrosivity, toxicity, irritancy and allergenicity.’
- ‘This is another test that measures irritancy by using pumpkin rind to simulate the effect of a test substance on human skin.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.