One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In the great tradition, he uses old soul records both lovingly and irreverently.’
- ‘This man, whom we irreverently called Alfie, attempted to enforce military discipline on all of us.’
- ‘I have heard some of his colleagues irreverently refer to him as Paddy.’
- ‘‘Blasphemy’ is speaking of god irreverently or ‘impiously’.’
- ‘Conservative critics should pay closer attention to what South Park so irreverently jeers at and mocks.’
- ‘He was also a fanatical steeple-chaser, of whom David says irreverently: ‘He used to fall off a lot until I started training his horses.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.