One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In a manner that lacks a proper sense of responsibility.‘police are clamping down on motorists who drive irresponsibly’‘doctors who behave irresponsibly get struck off’
- ‘Secession would not even be an issue, he claimed, had not certain office-seekers irresponsibly agitated abstract sectional issues for partisan advantage.’
- ‘Not being able to reach the vice president of communications in time for your deadline does not allow the publication to act irresponsibly with the facts.’
- ‘These feelings were the result of knowing or strongly suspecting that a partner had irresponsibly infected them.’
- ‘He had not, he reminded them, acted wildly or irresponsibly on the subject of emancipation.’
- ‘You don't calculate the odds whether unlimited power will be exercised responsibly or irresponsibly.’
- ‘I remember very clearly the last time I sat in a principal's office, being yelled at for acting irresponsibly.’
- ‘There is no public interest in allowing defamatory statements to be made irresponsibly under the banner of freedom of expression.’
- ‘The article irresponsibly airs the opinion of the "expert" without providing any details of his qualifications.’
- ‘Numerous psychedelic explorers had gotten lost by irresponsibly experimenting with powerful and hard drugs.’
- ‘They are attempting to dishonor her by claiming that she was acting irresponsibly, yet many believe her death was deliberate.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.