One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Lack of a proper sense of responsibility.‘they thought that having children was an act of irresponsibility’‘the economic ills are a consequence of greed and irresponsibility’
- ‘Inefficient use of resources was a form of moral irresponsibility.’
- ‘Poor women with children are discussed in punitive, paternalistic terms of single motherhood and personal irresponsibility.’
- ‘In good economic times, the country could endure this kind of irresponsibility with taxpayers' funds.’
- ‘And thus does the major theme emerge: the seductive lure and dangerous irresponsibility of suppression.’
- ‘From time immemorial, war has gone along with fiscal irresponsibility.’
- ‘Fragonard and Watteau created frothy paeans to the pleasures of surface, frivolity, and irresponsibility.’
- ‘Everyone seems to have a story about environmental harm caused by business's irresponsibility.’
- ‘A rally has been organized in protest against the ad campaign, with parents accusing the studio of irresponsibility for marketing the film in high-crime areas.’
- ‘For this generation, moving home is a sign of responsibility, not irresponsibility.’
- ‘To be fair, the irresponsibility of this government is perfectly in tune with the irresponsibility of governments everywhere.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.