One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Lack of a proper sense of responsibility.‘they thought that having children was an act of irresponsibility’‘the economic ills are a consequence of greed and irresponsibility’
- ‘From time immemorial, war has gone along with fiscal irresponsibility.’
- ‘Fragonard and Watteau created frothy paeans to the pleasures of surface, frivolity, and irresponsibility.’
- ‘Poor women with children are discussed in punitive, paternalistic terms of single motherhood and personal irresponsibility.’
- ‘Everyone seems to have a story about environmental harm caused by business's irresponsibility.’
- ‘A rally has been organized in protest against the ad campaign, with parents accusing the studio of irresponsibility for marketing the film in high-crime areas.’
- ‘In good economic times, the country could endure this kind of irresponsibility with taxpayers' funds.’
- ‘Inefficient use of resources was a form of moral irresponsibility.’
- ‘For this generation, moving home is a sign of responsibility, not irresponsibility.’
- ‘To be fair, the irresponsibility of this government is perfectly in tune with the irresponsibility of governments everywhere.’
- ‘And thus does the major theme emerge: the seductive lure and dangerous irresponsibility of suppression.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.