One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Hesitancy; uncertainty.‘a moment of irresolution’
indecisiveness, indecision, irresoluteness, lack of resolution, hesitancy, hesitation, tentativenessView synonyms
- ‘Himmler's irresolution and vacillation was also his enemy.’
- ‘Despite the nobility of its conception, this odyssey will end in irresolution and equivocation - as indeed it must.’
- ‘The modern mind attempts to cleanse itself, to ‘scour away’ what it believes to be painful impurities, to think its way out of irresolution.’
- ‘Such is Kerry's reputation for irresolution that even when he does talk tough, America's adversaries don't take him seriously.’
- ‘In this vacuum of uncertainty and irresolution, business and investment decisions have been delayed, put on ice or cancelled altogether.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.