One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Unconnected or unrelated.
- ‘It is an application system provided to the customers, that is irrelative to operation system, database and middleware.’
- ‘It is due to these interests that Article 98 of the RA Constitution proscribes judges to hold any office irrelative to his/her official duties.’
- ‘This algorithm provides robust results in the presence of correlated and irrelative variables or/and outliers.’
- ‘They would be exposed to different solar heat gain due to the irrelative positions on the ground and would be most likely to share the same temperature after cooling off overnight.’
- 1.1 Irrelevant.
- ‘As one types keyword tags, he should choose the keywords which relate to content of that front page to avoid surplus, irrelative or duplicate keywords.’
- ‘Remember, if there is any thing irrelative brought forward, they have to thank themselves for it.’
- ‘The answer of the defendants, which one of the courts below characterized as ‘stuffed with irrelative and redundant matter,’ did not deny the preceding facts.’
- ‘Payment and download modules are irrelative to session problems.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.