Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
1Unconnected or unrelated.
- ‘It is an application system provided to the customers, that is irrelative to operation system, database and middleware.’
- ‘This algorithm provides robust results in the presence of correlated and irrelative variables or/and outliers.’
- ‘It is due to these interests that Article 98 of the RA Constitution proscribes judges to hold any office irrelative to his/her official duties.’
- ‘They would be exposed to different solar heat gain due to the irrelative positions on the ground and would be most likely to share the same temperature after cooling off overnight.’
- ‘The answer of the defendants, which one of the courts below characterized as ‘stuffed with irrelative and redundant matter,’ did not deny the preceding facts.’
- ‘Remember, if there is any thing irrelative brought forward, they have to thank themselves for it.’
- ‘Payment and download modules are irrelative to session problems.’
- ‘As one types keyword tags, he should choose the keywords which relate to content of that front page to avoid surplus, irrelative or duplicate keywords.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.