One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Each has been corrupted by its occupation and seen its reputation irredeemably tarnished by the harsh, repressive and trigger-happy behaviour of its soldiers.’
- ‘Relying as they must on our current ideas of what is true, important, and right, our judgments about progress can begin to appear irredeemably parochial.’
- ‘Or is that just a sign that I'm irredeemably old-fashioned?’
- ‘Far from protecting Thailand's democracy, they could by their action irredeemably shatter it, inviting, in the worst case, violence and military intervention.’
- ‘Perhaps men are irredeemably sexist.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.