One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not able to be reclaimed or reformed.
damned, fallen, cursed, accursed, irredeemable, irretrievable, past hope, past praying for, condemned, doomed, excommunicatedView synonyms
- ‘Tears flooded my eyes when I realized how fortunate we were spending this irreclaimable time together.’
- ‘It would be hackneyed if I say that death is something very sad and irreclaimable.’
- ‘No impulse in man is irreclaimable; nothing human is doomed to destruction.’
- ‘With all his savagery, he was not half so savage, so unclean, so irreclaimable, as the tenant of a tenement in an East London slum.’
- ‘There was a proneness also in the new occupants to regard the natives as an irreclaimable race, and as inconvenient neighbours.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.