One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Unable to be rebutted.
- ‘However, the presumption is not irrebuttable.’
- ‘Other presumptions, including irrebuttable presumptions of law, such as the age of criminal liability, belong more properly to the substantive law.’
- ‘This creates an irrebuttable legal fiction unconnected with the facts.’
- ‘There is without doubt a very strong presumption in favour of a course of action which will prolong life, but… it is not irrebuttable.’
- ‘There would be a fixed list of relationships covered by the statutory duty of care, creating an irrebuttable presumption that there was a close tie of love and affection.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.