One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An Australian eucalyptus tree with thick, solid bark and hard, dense, durable timber.
- ‘The piles were tarred ironbark and the beams were kauri with iron brackets to brace them.’
- ‘I drive up the Parade and daily I am made happy by the row of mighty ironbarks on its median strip.’
- ‘Most people know about the famous Mediterranean herbs such as basil and oregano, but Peter's passion is to introduce people to Australian herbs such as lemon ironbark and bolwarra.’
- ‘All sites were similar floristically, being dry, open woodland dominated by red ironbark, a winter-flowering species.’
- ‘Winter flowering of red ironbark across central Victoria was much depressed, so that the abundant nectar resource that many nectarivorous species normally rely on was greatly reduced.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.