One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Inflammation of the iris of the eye.
- ‘Scratchy, well defined pain indicates a corneal problem, whereas a dull, deeper pain usually indicates a more serious condition (such as acute angle closure glaucoma, iritis, or scleritis).’
- ‘The most common type of uveitis is an inflammation of the iris called iritis (anterior uveitis).’
- ‘Although rare, complications such as bacterial infection, ulceration or iritis can develop if the abrasion is not treated.’
- ‘The most common cause of iritis is juvenile rheumatoid arthritis.’
- ‘Episcleritis and iritis have also been reported to occur in patients with rosacea.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.