One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for carrageen
- ‘A number of the treatments on offer are distinctly local including the wild Donegal seaweed wrap and the Irish moss hand nourishing treatment.’
- ‘Marine extracts, such as bladder-wrack, kelp and Irish moss provide iodine which stimulates thyroid function.’
- ‘Right now I'm off to get a nice big plate full of jerk chicken, a drink of some of that good old Irish moss.’
- ‘There are many more plants that will thrive in medium light, among them Irish moss, Tahitian bridal veil, heart-leaved philodendron, pitcher plant, and butterwort.’
- ‘Soothe dry skin irritations with chamomile, lavender, jasmine, elder flowers, red clover and herbs such as Irish moss, calendula, comfrey, marshmallow root and violets.’
- ‘Herbs corresponding with Mer-Magick include: bladderwrack, Atlantic kelp, Norwegian kelp, sea salt, Irish moss (chondrus crispus), agar, algae and seaweed.’
- ‘Kelp, bladder wrack, Irish moss and kombu are chock-full of iodine, and they can stoke a sluggish thyroid, speed up metabolism and assist in cellulite reduction.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.