One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Females are drabber, with subtle iridescence on overall grayish-brown bodies, spotted flanks, and a white teardrop surrounding each eye.’
- ‘Renaissance artists used paints and glazes that got their appealing color and iridescence from nanoparticles.’
- ‘Luster, iridescence, and surface blemishes determine price, but so does size, color, shape, and unique matches of two or more pearls.’
- ‘The ladybirds were being irresistibly drawn to the iridescence of the white material and by the time he was standing, smartly leaning on his cane, with his toes amid the washed up dead ladybirds.’
- ‘Rarely chalcopyrite appeared as a thin film on sphalerite crystal faces, giving specimens a slight iridescence.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.