One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘She is at once an intellectual giant, the personification of hostile irascibility, and a kind and gentle great-grandmother.’
- ‘The chairman has built a hugely effective public persona built on irascibility.’
- ‘Wendy is more pragmatic, gently chiding staff who do not serve customers quickly enough, and acting as an emollient to those whose egos have been bruised by her father's irascibility.’
- ‘The only noticeable change was in his growing irascibility with the passing years.’
- ‘The nastiness of these exchanges can be partially explained by the irascibility of some of the personalities involved, but it also reflected fundamental disagreements about methods and goals.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.