Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An operating system used for mobile devices manufactured by Apple Inc.as modifier ‘both the iPod touch and the iPad are iOS devices’
- ‘Expecting developers to design iOS interfaces for three screen sizes seems a bit hard to swallow, too.’
- ‘Certain software elements, like iOS, were not availabe.’
- ‘They are intended to be read only from the iBooks app on an iOS device.’
- ‘For my part, I like Apple's approach to the iOS platform.’
- ‘Having a solid understanding of the evolution of Mac OS and iOS will be a challenge.’
Early 21st century: from i- as in iPod and other products manufactured by Apple Inc. and an abbreviation of operating system.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.