One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An operating system used for mobile devices manufactured by Apple Inc.as modifier ‘both the iPod touch and the iPad are iOS devices’
- ‘Having a solid understanding of the evolution of Mac OS and iOS will be a challenge.’
- ‘Expecting developers to design iOS interfaces for three screen sizes seems a bit hard to swallow, too.’
- ‘For my part, I like Apple's approach to the iOS platform.’
- ‘They are intended to be read only from the iBooks app on an iOS device.’
- ‘Certain software elements, like iOS, were not availabe.’
Early 21st century: from i- as in iPod and other products manufactured by Apple Inc. and an abbreviation of operating system.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.