One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A substance which is able to transport particular ions across a lipid membrane in a cell.with modifier ‘calcium ionophores’
- ‘Temperature altered the membrane properties homogeneously, whereas the ionophore increased order heterogeneously.’
- ‘The presence of K + ionophores eliminates the osmotic pressure due to K + ions.’
- ‘Light microscopy of stained mitochondria from the mutant cells treated with nigericin revealed that the ionophore was able to restore their defective morphology to an almost normal appearance.’
- ‘The same holds for the application of a transmembrane potential that is limited to the generation of a diffusion potential by the usage of ion-specific ionophores.’
- ‘Control experiments were conducted with ionomycin added in the absence of divalent cation to identify any contributions to laurdan fluorescence caused directly by the ionophore.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.