One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An instrument for detecting ionizing radiation.
- ‘For data analysis the diffraction patterns were corrected for uneven detector response and normalized to the ionization chamber, i.e., to the intensity of the incoming beam.’
- ‘Ionization smoke detectors detect the presence of smoke using an ionization chamber and a source of ionizing radiation.’
- ‘The beam intensity and sample absorption was monitored by two ionization chambers, placed before and after the sample, and by a PIN diode at the beamstop.’
- ‘A conventional dosimetry system consisting of three parallel plate ionization chambers upstream of the sample holder was used.’
- ‘There are five major parts to a mass spectrometer: the inlet, the ionization chamber, the mass analyzer, the detector, and the electronic readout device.’
- ‘The novel positron camera is based on a gas filled ionisation chamber as developed for particle physics by Nobel prize winner, George Charpak.’
- ‘To determine the beam size at the sample position, a knife-edge scan was performed and the beam intensity was measured with an ionization chamber placed downstream of the sample stage.’
- ‘This was used on his electroscopes and on his ionisation chambers for the work that he did with alpha particles.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.