One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Amounts of covalently bound pectin extracted by treatment with Na 2 CO 3 were lower than those of ionically bound pectin, with which they showed an approximate inverse correlation.’
- ‘There are changes in activity of ionically bound peroxidases during storage.’
- ‘The insoluble invertases appear to be ionically bound to cell walls while the soluble forms appear to be in the cytoplasm.’
- ‘In this case, as the embryo develops in pond water, which contains very little sodium, the sodium that is pumped into the blastocoel probably comes from the cells themselves, where it is stored in an ionically inactive form.’
- ‘For ionically bonded compounds, the oxidation state of an atom is equal to the ionic charge of the atom.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.