Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Any of a group of disinfectants containing iodine in combination with a surfactant.
- ‘The antimicrobial effect of iodophors occurs by cell wall penetration and oxidation with the substitution of iodine for cell contents.’
- ‘The physical action of washing hands under such circumstances is recommended because alcohols, chlorhexidine, iodophors, and other antiseptic agents have poor activity against spores.’
- ‘They found this procedure to be as effective in reducing bacterial growth on the hands as a standard two-brush method using an iodophor.’
- ‘This reflects changes in food habits, reduction of iodised salt intake, changes in food technology, phasing out of iodophors s disinfectants in milk.’
- ‘The surgeons standardized their surgical skin prep to the one-step iodophor / alcohol water insoluble film method without the iodine impregnated incise drape.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.