One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Any of a group of disinfectants containing iodine in combination with a surfactant.
- ‘The physical action of washing hands under such circumstances is recommended because alcohols, chlorhexidine, iodophors, and other antiseptic agents have poor activity against spores.’
- ‘The surgeons standardized their surgical skin prep to the one-step iodophor / alcohol water insoluble film method without the iodine impregnated incise drape.’
- ‘They found this procedure to be as effective in reducing bacterial growth on the hands as a standard two-brush method using an iodophor.’
- ‘This reflects changes in food habits, reduction of iodised salt intake, changes in food technology, phasing out of iodophors s disinfectants in milk.’
- ‘The antimicrobial effect of iodophors occurs by cell wall penetration and oxidation with the substitution of iodine for cell contents.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.