One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
verb[with object]usually as adjective iodinated
Introduce iodine into (a compound).
- ‘The large number of irregular densities found throughout the tumor are from the injection of Lipiodol, an oily iodinated agent to carry the chemotherapy agents into the tumor.’
- ‘MRI is the preferred noninvasive imaging modality because it does not need x-ray exposure and no potentially nephrotoxic, iodinated contrast agents.’
- ‘In some European countries, mucolytic agents (such as bromhexine or iodinated glycerol) are widely used to treat chronic bronchitis.’
- ‘Even bigger increases in iodine intake came in the 1960s, when iodinated additives, sterilizing agents and food colorings began to be used in industrial bread, milk and cereal production.’
- ‘This study reported no significant difference in exacerbation rates between iodinated glycerol and placebo, but the summary statistics were not available.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.