One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A salt or ester of iodic acid.
- ‘Amid concerns for safety in light of continued terrorist threats, the watchdogs at Consumerlab.com in June released a review of potassium iodide/potassium iodate.’
- ‘A related salt, potassium iodate, is less bitter, and may stay down better in babies.’
- ‘Does one then need the potassium iodate tablets issued by the Irish Government for emergency use in the event of a nuclear accident?’
- ‘The integrated iodate and total-iodine concentrations accompanying accelerated growth of natural phytoplankton in eight 14-m deep mesocosm experiments did not vary significantly.’
- ‘For acid-base reactions, sodium carbonate, sodium tetraborate, benzoic acid, potassium hydrogen phthalate, and potassium hydrogen iodate make up the complete list.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.