One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Difficult to understand; complicated.‘a long, involved conversation’
complicated, intricate, complex, elaborateView synonyms
- ‘In the past, the Law Society has said that there could be an involved process if it were to seek to investigate such cases.’
- ‘Actually the conversation was slightly more involved than that, but that was how it basically went.’
- ‘This is quite a complex and involved question with a number of points to be addressed.’
- ‘When all of them descend on a small Ohio town, the complications are hilariously involved and tuneful.’
- ‘I had thought about writing a long and involved piece on how the reality of prepared food rarely comes close to the ideal.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.