Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Difficult to understand; complicated.‘a long, involved conversation’
complicated, intricate, complex, elaborateView synonyms
- ‘I had thought about writing a long and involved piece on how the reality of prepared food rarely comes close to the ideal.’
- ‘When all of them descend on a small Ohio town, the complications are hilariously involved and tuneful.’
- ‘This is quite a complex and involved question with a number of points to be addressed.’
- ‘In the past, the Law Society has said that there could be an involved process if it were to seek to investigate such cases.’
- ‘Actually the conversation was slightly more involved than that, but that was how it basically went.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.