One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Peaceful hideaways dotted invitingly throughout interrupted only occasionally by the splashes of a pair of swans and the melancholy soundings of the birds.’
- ‘Squashy sofas nestle invitingly in the bay windows of the property's three reception rooms, and there are various seating alcoves scattered throughout.’
- ‘Hill stations, majestically situated thousands of metres above sea level, are invitingly cool in December, a colourful new brochure reminds you.’
- ‘Atkinson is not only responsible for the words within the invitingly tactile covers, but she decided how her first collection of short stories should look - down to the silk bookmark.’
- ‘‘I can be whatever you want me to be,’ he purrs invitingly.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.