One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Having no or negligible viscosity.
- ‘For the high Reynolds numbers commonly associated with insects, birds, and fish, these propulsive forces are generally well described by inviscid flow theory.’
- ‘If viscosity is artificially added in an inviscid model, it has only a small effect on performance.’
- ‘In addition, the postulated role of vorticity production near the head is at variance with inviscid, irrotational models.’
- ‘Spence studied a two-dimensional airfoil placed in an inviscid, incompressible, steady fluid flow, in particular a thin jet coming from its trailing edge of the airfoil.’
- ‘The actual model we use is that of a thin elastic plate that overlies an inviscid fluid.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.