One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘‘You will know two weeks later’, said the friendly invigilator.’
- ‘Sadly, as assistant invigilator, I didn't get to say ‘You may turn over the question paper now’ or ‘You have five minutes remaining’ or ‘You must stop writing now’.’
- ‘I have actually met some of the on-the-ground invigilators of the International Atomic Energy Agency, tough and cynical guys who say that the agreement is being properly observed.’
- ‘Thanks to the local registrar, our local examiners, supervisors and invigilators who did an excellent job.’
- ‘When the journal Nature sent a team of invigilators to the laboratory, he was unable to replicate his findings.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.