One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘When the journal Nature sent a team of invigilators to the laboratory, he was unable to replicate his findings.’
- ‘I have actually met some of the on-the-ground invigilators of the International Atomic Energy Agency, tough and cynical guys who say that the agreement is being properly observed.’
- ‘Sadly, as assistant invigilator, I didn't get to say ‘You may turn over the question paper now’ or ‘You have five minutes remaining’ or ‘You must stop writing now’.’
- ‘‘You will know two weeks later’, said the friendly invigilator.’
- ‘Thanks to the local registrar, our local examiners, supervisors and invigilators who did an excellent job.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.