One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘For Homer in the early 1870s that ending set the course of his life as an inveterately single man.’
- ‘People at the low end of the scale operate in an inveterately passive state during media exposure.’
- ‘The main action is elaborately Italianate, the commentary inveterately English.’
- ‘Academics inveterately complain of how little we know, and this book offers some redress.’
- ‘But the king is inveterately prey to the hungers of the senses, ad pleads pitifully with son after son to take on his senility and gift him youth for some time more.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.