One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who carries out a formal inquiry or investigation.‘accident investigators are at the crash site’‘investigators found no signs of forced entry’
inspector, examiner, enquirer, explorer, analyserView synonyms
- ‘The investigators at the site included operations and engineering experts.’
- ‘The Italian and Spanish operations gave British investigators many new leads.’
- ‘Furthermore, that is a question into which no investigator or prosecutor can enquire.’
- ‘Private investigators have traditionally been perceived as shadowy and devious.’
- ‘The Revenue investigators act more like private detectives than civil servants.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.