One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Alternatively, instead of using a paintbrush you could use a can of compressed air, which can be purchased at most electronics shops and automotive shops, buying a can that is invertible is a good idea.’
- ‘Although an invertible drive is easier to implement, self-righting is preferred, because although you can still drive, your weapon usually becomes useless when you're inverted.’
- ‘But because cryptographic functions must be invertible, must be fast to compute, and should have small key size and memory requirements, linear functions are irresistible.’
- ‘The lift also has four interchangeable pallet and block fork options, including an invertible fork for setting concrete, steel, and other types of lintels.’
- ‘He spent about a year of rigorous self-study fooling around with canons, fugues, invertible counterpoint, and so on.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.