One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘He spent about a year of rigorous self-study fooling around with canons, fugues, invertible counterpoint, and so on.’
- ‘Although an invertible drive is easier to implement, self-righting is preferred, because although you can still drive, your weapon usually becomes useless when you're inverted.’
- ‘Alternatively, instead of using a paintbrush you could use a can of compressed air, which can be purchased at most electronics shops and automotive shops, buying a can that is invertible is a good idea.’
- ‘But because cryptographic functions must be invertible, must be fast to compute, and should have small key size and memory requirements, linear functions are irresistible.’
- ‘The lift also has four interchangeable pallet and block fork options, including an invertible fork for setting concrete, steel, and other types of lintels.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.