Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] The quality of being inventive; creativity.‘the inventiveness of the staging’‘his comic inventiveness’
creativity, originality, innovation, invention, imagination, imaginativeness, creative power, creative talent, creative gift, fertility, ingeniousness, resourcefulness, enterpriseoriginality, innovation, unusualness, freshness, novelty, newness, break with traditionView synonyms
- ‘She remarked on the imagination, inventiveness and creative power of Corina's work.’
- ‘Alliances with other individuals expose our talents and creative inventiveness.’
- ‘It is done with all the skill and inventiveness of artists on the New York subway, but this is not turf warfare-this is street politics.’
- ‘This is what inventiveness and creativeness mean: with limited means creating rich and excellent ends.’
- ‘Today, his comedies are remembered for their level of artistry, inventiveness and trenchant sarcasm.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.