One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It struck me that, typical for our age, the depiction of the horrific was astonishingly and inventively successful while the presentation of the beatific was, comparatively, shallow and disappointing.’
- ‘A microphone was positioned to the far left of the stage and he periodically spoke to us about Beethoven, Lizst and Schumann, explaining his inventively chosen programme most engagingly.’
- ‘The dance scenes are lively and inventively shot, using multiple cameras, though their visuals are stronger than their choreography.’
- ‘Local institution Michael Yonkers has been having his own way with music for over 30 years, creating unheard sounds from inventively designed homemade guitars.’
- ‘Inverlochy Castle's Michelin star means there can be few places in Britain where food is more inventively or attractively presented.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.