One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘They cultivate a huge crop of it and once the plants' paratroops have descended on my territory, the roots spread so invasively that everything else gives up and goes.’
- ‘Indices of diastolic dysfunction can be obtained non-invasively with Doppler echocardiography or invasively with cardiac catheterisation and measurement of left ventricular pressure changes.’
- ‘Since then, it has spread invasively and now covers over 44 percent of the habitat for two endangered plants on the Humboldt Bay dunes.’
- ‘Many kidney conditions can now be treated less invasively by a percutaneous approach through the loin, retrograde approaches through the urethra, bladder, and ureter, or laparoscopy.’
- ‘Although not definitive, recent studies have shown that early initiation of lipid-lowering therapy is safe and effective in both medically and invasively treated patients.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.