One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The very invariance of the universal fossil sequence is the strongest argument against its production in a single gulp.’
- ‘Others, notably James Clerk Maxwell, restricted their opposition to the attempts to apply the concept of natural selection outside the biological realm by pointing to the invariances of the microscopic world.’
- ‘In classical mathematics, he founded modern topology by establishing, for example, the topological invariance of dimension and the fixpoint theorem.’
- ‘Hermeneutical realism is not a constructivism because the objects that we perceive to be real exhibit invariances that are not under our control.’
- ‘The complete measurement and path model was tested for configural invariance across ethnic groups.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.