One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person or group that invades a country, region, or other place.‘it is a country that has repelled all invaders’‘the arrival of Spanish invaders’
attacker, raider, plunderer, pillager, marauder, looterintruder, trespasser, violator, encroacher, infringerView synonyms
- ‘It's not easy, as we are constantly having to repel invaders, swatting them away like so many mosquitoes.’
- ‘He located a tire iron amid the stinging rubble and sprang forth to attack the invaders.’
- ‘By the age of 16, this son of peasant farmers was in charge of a country under attack from Communist invaders.’
- ‘His cross is the same as the cross of Wotan which Norse invaders of Scotland carried.’
- ‘The programme will examine archaeological and genetic evidence to trace the impact the invaders had on Britain.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.