One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The result is ham-handed unrolling of the backstory and awkward dialogue that intrusively narrates when it might better have shut the hell up.’
- ‘The 1980s inspired rock score is intrusively annoying.’
- ‘Many local houses will be overshadowed by buildings which are intrusively near and over-sized for the neighbourhood.’
- ‘The relationship between the street and the galleries inside is not as intrusively immediate as is suggested by the open-ended, perpendicular orientation.’
- ‘I've wondered why pop-up ads and new larger sized, intrusively placed ads are so annoying.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.