One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I've wondered why pop-up ads and new larger sized, intrusively placed ads are so annoying.’
- ‘Many local houses will be overshadowed by buildings which are intrusively near and over-sized for the neighbourhood.’
- ‘The relationship between the street and the galleries inside is not as intrusively immediate as is suggested by the open-ended, perpendicular orientation.’
- ‘The 1980s inspired rock score is intrusively annoying.’
- ‘The result is ham-handed unrolling of the backstory and awkward dialogue that intrusively narrates when it might better have shut the hell up.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.